I don’t eat unhealthy vegan snacks every day but I really like them. One of my favorite snacks is peanut butter. I eat it by itself with a spoon. I like it that much.
There was even this time when I was eating pb out of the jar in the Whole Foods food court, and an older lady tried to force me to stop because I was eating so much of it.
She sat down and started staring at me. Her eyes slid from me to the jar. From the jar to me. Back to the jar.
Eventually she asked, “How many grams is that? That’s a lot of calories in that jar. That’s how Elvis got fat you know.”
Mhmm, your calorie shaming isn’t going to make me stop eating my many spoonfuls of calorific peanut butter. Not today old lady.
And I’m not going to stop eating any of my other calorific snacks either. Thanks, but no thanks. I will happily chow down and think about all the other people who didn’t get fat because of snacks.
Here are some of my favorite.
My go to snacks
- Peanut Butter: I get this kind because it doesn’t have any added salt or sugar, the only ingredient is peanuts. You can eat it with celery, apples, pretzels, but I just eat it by itself.
- barkTHINS: Oh my goodness these are GOOD! I love the dark chocolate almond sea salt kind which only has 7 ingredients, and the dark chocolate pretzel with sea salt. If you haven’t tried them before they have a variety pack.
- Oreos: Oreos are such a comforting snack for me because I grew up with them. My favorite are the Coconut Oreo Thins.
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars: It took me a long time to find vegan fig bars but my dad sent me this vegan snack box and I discovered these babies!
- Earth Balance Cheddar Squares: If you like Cheez-Its then you’ll like these. They have a slightly strange aftertaste but I love them and get them whenever I want a crunchy, cheesy snack. I even put them in a bowl at a party and everyone thought they were normal Cheez-Its.
- Primal Spirit Foods Meatless Vegan Jerky: You won’t believe it’s not actually beef jerky! Really though, I’m from a small midwestern town close to the south and we eat A LOT of beef jerky. This one is yum yum. I also got this in the vegan snack box.
- Whole Foods bakery donuts: Are donuts ever a bad idea? No, I don’t think so either. Some of their donuts are so good that I get them on prime now. Including their glazed and powdered donut holes. They truly have an amazing vegan bakery section at some locations, great fresh vegan sandwich (get the TTLA and you won’t regret it), burrito options, and amazing vegan food on the hot bar like mac n cheese, chick’n taquitos, and meatless meatballs.
- Field Roast Miniature Corn Dogs: Yep, vegan corndogs-you heard me correctly, and these are my favorite of all the unhealthy vegan snacks. In college, corndogs were for me like ramen was for other kids. We just worked well together at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I was beyond excited when I tried these and they were actually good. Did you know I eat them like a boss?
- Oatly Chocolate Milk is A M A Z I N G and completely replaces chocolate milk. I won’t include a link on here because it’s waaay too expensive on Amazon; you’re better off finding it at a nearby store. If the price goes down I’ll put a link up here.
- Vego White Chocolate Bars: These bars are the closest that I’ve gotten to vegan white chocolate. They are delicious! I would definitely recommend Vego bars to anyone craving chocolate.
Unhealthy vegan snacks > healthy vegan snacks
To find unhealthy vegan snacks that you ❤️❤️❤️, search Google for things that you typically snack on anyway and find out if they are vegan, or find alternatives. You can also go to the store and check the ingredients on the back. That’s usually what I do to find new snacks.
If you’re not sure if an ingredient is vegan you can do a quick Google search for “is [INGREDIENT] vegan” or check PETA’s alphabetical list of ingredients that aren’t vegan and where they comes from.
If you have any questions about veganism or vegan snacks (like how many vegan corndogs I can eat in 1 sitting), drop me a line at [email protected]
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! I only post links to things I use and love. Read my full disclosure policy.